Everyone has their own list of “essentials” that they absolutely couldn’t live without during their pregnancy or postpartum period. I’d like to share mine. I’ve found that while some of these products are targeted specifically toward mothers, they can be used by everyone, pregnant or not. Here’s my current rotation of products I’m using:
1. L’Oreal ever creme nourishing leave in spray: I’ve always used leave-in conditioners because I have extremely thin hair and I’m always looking for ways to protect it or make it thicker, etc. When I was pregnant my hair looked pretty good, but started falling out in excessive amounts shortly after giving birth. Luckily that only lasted a few weeks, but I’ve continue to use this spray throughout. It has a nice smell and leaves my hair feeling good.
2. Heritage Rosewater: this is probably my favorite beauty product ever. Pregnant or not, everyone should buy it. I usually just spray it all over my face and body after I get out of the shower. It’s nice and cooling and smells amazing, nothing fake about it.
3. Lanolin nipple ointment: you’ll be glad you have this when your nipples are cracked, sore, or bleeding (can be prevented). A must have for all nursing moms.
4. Lavanila healthy deodorant: I’ve always used Secret Clinical Strength and it’s still my favorite deodorant/antiperspirant for how well it works. However, now that I’ve breastfeeding, Max is literally consuming everything I put in and on my body. This is a natural alternative to your usual deodorant. No, it doesn’t work as well, let’s be honest. It does smell really nice ( i have the vanilla grapefruit scent) and you don’t need to worry about your baby ingesting aluminum or other scary ingredients used in mainstream antiperspirants.
5. Josie Maran coconut water cheek gelee…also known as cream blush: You know that healthy glow you get when you’re pregnant? That disappears pretty fast after you give birth. I like this blush because again, it’s free of your typical make-up ingredients such as parabens and sulfates, doesn’t make my sensitive skin break out, and lasts fairly long (not all day..but it’s easy enough to reapply).
6. Mother’s special blend toning oil: During my pregnancy I applied a lot of various oils to my stomach to prevent stretchmarks. I’m still using this brand postpartum, although not religiously like I used to. I don’t have any stretchmarks on my stomach. Maybe it’s because of this, maybe it’s because of other factors. I still like to use it, even though it mildly smells like popcorn.
7. Hydrolyze Intensive Under eye treatment: I never used this during my pregnancy, but OMG get yourself a good eye cream because you will be running on anywhere from 1-4 hours of sleep once your baby is home.
What products were your must-haves?